6 slices of bread, 6 large eggs, 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract, 1 1/2 milk, pinch of ground nutmeg, pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, Pure maple syrup and fresh-cut fruit for serving (optional). You can check out this Grading System for Maple Syrup by Pure Canadian Maple Syrup and choose your favorite.
1. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg in a bowl.
2. Place slices of bread in a baking dish, one next to the other.
3. Pour the mixture of ingredients over bread and let them soak for about 10 minutes on each side.
4. Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat and grease with butter.
5. Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
6. Serve with Maple Syrup, fresh fruit and decorate with few leaves of mint.
Photo: Janie Garcia Photography