Photo: Nabi Verushka
1 medium, finely chopped onion.
1 medium, finely chopped carrot.
1 celery stalk finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 cups crumbled cornbread
1 pound good quality chorizo. For Coral Gables and Miami locals I recommend the one sold at Chorizo sold at Bellmónt Spanish Restaurant.
½ cup of chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Break up the chorizo and cook in a large skillet until it begins to brown.
3. Add carrot, garlic, onion and celery to the chorizo, stir occasionally until vegetables brown.
4. Add cornbread and while stirring, add stock until desired consistency.
5. Spread the stuffing evenly in a buttered casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro or parsley.