5 cups of water
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Freshly ground peppercorns
1. Bring to boil in a large pan water and salt.
2. Gradually add in the polenta and stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens. Stir as needed.
4. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and line with plastic wrap.
5. Pour the cooked polenta into the lined dish. Distribute evenly. Cover and set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Transfer the polenta to cutting board and using a round cookie cutter, cut polenta circles.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a sauté pan and when hot, place the polenta circles into the pan until both sides have a golden crust.
8. Season with freshly ground peppercorns. Serve hot.