Today I am sharing a recipe from Seidy’s Kitchen, a Miami Gourmet Sweets and Desserts maker. The Banana – Walnut mini cupcakes made for Cuisine and Events were the perfect bite to end a festive Food and Wine Pairing organized by the charismatic and amazing Natalie of Wine With Nat. The beautiful Glass Shadow Boxes can be found at West Elm Dadeland Facebook.
It is a very easy recipe and I find it not only a delicious dessert option but also depending on the frosting, it can be a great snack or complement for tea time or morning pastries.
– 2 cups all purpose flour
– 2 tsp. baking powder
– 1/4 tsp. baking soda
– 1/4 tsp table salt
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
– 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
– 3 very ripe bananas
– 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
– 3 large eggs
– 3 oz. buttermilk
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350 F and prepare the cupcake liners in the cupcake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well blended.
3. With an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, bananas, and vanilla until well blended and the bananas are almost smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until just incorporated.
5. Remove the bowl from the mixer. With a rubber spatula, alternately add half the flour mixture, all the buttermilk, and then the rest of the flour mixture, stirring until each addition is just blended.
6. Spoon out batter into lined cupcake pan, filling only 2/3 or just barely over halfway.
7. Bake between 15-20min or until a pick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs sticking to it.
8. Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack before frosting them and enjoy.
9. Top with buttercream frosting or Swiss meringue buttercream. Crack walnuts and sprinkle.